As long as you do not equip yourself with the right tools for it, keeping the garden in good condition can be a tricky task. For this reason, pruning saws are an element that should always be present in any shed.
To be able to cut branches of all kinds easily, pruning saws are the best help. However, due to a large number of possibilities and options that exist, it is convenient to know what you should look for when making your purchase. Therefore, you can count on the advice of our guide to buy the best pruning saw, with which to know exactly what to take into account so that your investment is perfect.
Table of Contents
- Here is the Top 10 Best Pruning Saw List
- 1. Samurai Ichiban GC-330-LH 13″ Curved with Scabbard
- 2. Corona RazorTOOTH RS 7265D Folding 10 Inch Curved Blade
- 3. TABOR TOOLS TTS25A Folding Saw
- 4. Folding Hand Saw Wood Saw Multi-Purpose 8″ Triple Cut
- 5. Heavy Duty Pruning Saw (Razor Sharp 14″ Curved Blade)
- 6. TABOR TOOLS Folding Saw with 8 Inch Straight Blade
- 7. FLORA GUARD Folding Hand Saw
- 8. Tarvol Folding Hand Saw (Razor Sharp 7″ Blade)
- 9. Fiskars 93016059J 14 Foot Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner
- 10. Corona RS 7395 RazorTOOTH Saw, 14 Inch
- What is a pruning saw?
- How to choose a good pruning saw?
Here is the Top 10 Best Pruning Saw List
1. Samurai Ichiban GC-330-LH 13″ Curved with Scabbard
This 13″ curved saw is an excellent choice for pruning fruit trees, as well as large shrubs and overgrown branches. As the name suggests, it comes with a scabbard to protect it from rusting.
The tooth pitch here is 4mm, which allows you to make aggressive cuts, and the tapered blade prevents bindings. Along with its impressive performance and balance, you will also like its ergonomic grip with rubber cushioning that makes handling it a breeze. The abovementioned scabbard has a belt loop to make it easier to carry around.
2. Corona RazorTOOTH RS 7265D Folding 10 Inch Curved Blade
In terms of versatility, it’s hard to find a better option than this folding 10″ saw. Thanks to the impulse hardening, the curved steel blade stays sharp for longer.
The first thing we should mention is the level of safety this tool provides. Its design allows you to take it anywhere with you. You can use this pruning saw to deal with 5″-6″ branches and its co-molded handle will ensure a comfortable grip. On top of that, the taper-ground blade can be replaced easily. For faster and smoother cutting, the blade has up to 6 teeth per inch.
3. TABOR TOOLS TTS25A Folding Saw
Are you looking for a lightweight pruning saw? Check this 8″ tool with a locking system that allows you to hide its blade into the handle for added safety.
This impressive handsaw is ready to cut 4″ branches and features a corrosion-resistant 3-dimensional cutting edge that will last longer. With its curved design, you will love its efficiency and smooth performance. Additionally, the non-slip handle is quite durable and convenient so that you will have no hand strain when using it. When folded, it can be easily put into the pocket.
4. Folding Hand Saw Wood Saw Multi-Purpose 8″ Triple Cut
Here, we see a compact pruning saw with an 8″ blade made of carbon steel. For added security, the manufacturer added a reliable gear lock to hide the blade.
If you have branches up to 4″ in diameter, this saw with triple-cut razor teeth will deal with them in a matter of seconds. The large release button is conveniently placed at the top of the handle, and there is a lanyard hole at the bottom that will make it more convenient to carry around. With its foldable construction, you can rest assured that no one will get injured upon picking it up.
5. Heavy Duty Pruning Saw (Razor Sharp 14″ Curved Blade)
The heavy-duty pruning saw by Tarvol is another excellent choice for those who want to get rid of thick branches up to 8″ in diameter. Its 14″ curved blade will make cutting and trimming tasks as simple as possible.
While holding this tool like a pistol, you can benefit from its ultra-sharp edge that will help you cut branches, shrubs, and other things in your garden that require closer attention. Moreover, the saw comes with a sheath for optimal storage. Finally, the product comes with a 100% money-back guarantee so you can return it back if you don’t like it.
6. TABOR TOOLS Folding Saw with 8 Inch Straight Blade
To cut 4″ branches off of oaks or pines effortlessly, you can go for this pruning saw with an 8″ straight blade and long handle. The product also has a foldable design for easy storage.
Thanks to its slip-resistant grip and well-balanced design, it is incredibly easy to operate this saw. The tool is also pretty useful if you plan on a camping trip because it can be used for bush or making a campfire. The red handle makes it easier to spot in the trunk of your car, and the lock prevents it from occasional opening.
7. FLORA GUARD Folding Hand Saw
Don’t be fooled by the compact design of this pruning saw. Its 7″ hardened stainless steel blade with triple-cut razor teeth does a fantastic job at removing those pesky branches and shrubs.
As we’ve already mentioned, the size of this unit is quite small, and its 8.9″ handle will fit in your pocket easily. The lock button at the top allows you to adjust the blade so that you can find a comfortable angle to use it. With its lanyard hole, it is convenient to carry it on a belt as well.
8. Tarvol Folding Hand Saw (Razor Sharp 7″ Blade)
The Tarvol Folding Hand Saw is a great pick with a 7″ straight blade, which has 7 teeth per inch, and foldable construction. Its handle is ergonomically cushioned and gives you that sturdy feel.
The rust-resistant edge made with 65Mn grade steel is able to cut the limbs and branches from 1.5″ to 5″ in diameter. When folded, its length is only 8.5″, and the blade is hidden in its handle for safer storage. The tool can be highly efficient against trees, plants drywall, for pruning, and hiking. Just like the previous product from Travol, this one is also covered with the manufacturer’s money-back guarantee.
9. Fiskars 93016059J 14 Foot Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner
If you need a tool that can help you with high branches, check this model. The Power-Lever technology gives it more cutting power, allowing you to remove 1.5″ branches
With this amazing tool, you won’t have to climb a ladder to reach the branches because it extends up to 14′ with a quick-release thumb lock. A 15″ saw blade simplifies the cutting process and stays sharp even after heavy use, while the low-friction coating ensures smooth operation. On top of that, the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on this product.
10. Corona RS 7395 RazorTOOTH Saw, 14 Inch
The 14″ blade of this pruning saw has increased durability, and its 3-sided razor teeth allow it to cut through large branches effortlessly.
The impulse-hardened teeth of this tool make it quite reliable and long-lasting while also offering you faster results. Thanks to the impulse-hardened steel, you can cut 8″ branches like butter. If need be, you can easily find a replacement for the curved edge. As for the handle, its ergonomic design makes for a user-friendly model. You can attach it to your belt using a lanyard hole. Overall, its construction is impressive and sturdy.
What is a pruning saw?
Pruning saws are a type of pruning tool specially designed for use in gardens. Its small size, compact and light, makes it the ideal tool to cut different branches and small stems in the garden, avoiding the use of electricity or gasoline.
Also known as tree saw, this type of pruning tool cannot be absent from your garden maintenance tools. Its use is very practical and comfortable since it will allow you to do all kinds of things even if you are a beginner in gardening. In addition, it can be carried from one place to another easily.
Its main characteristic is to have a saw blade much smaller and narrower than that of an ordinary handsaw, they are rather small in comparison, and we can find them with two types of blades, straight or curved.
How to choose a good pruning saw?
In order to choose the best professional pruning saw, it is necessary to take into account the essential points that determine the quality and use of this tool. These are:
- Blade: The blades of the saws to prune branches are very important since they will determine what type of branches you can cut, as well as the diameter of them. Also, depending on the saw blades, it will determine how to sharpen the pruning saw.
- Grip and ergonomics: Grip and ergonomics are directly related to the design and construction of the handle. This point is very important as it will influence comfort when holding and cutting. Also, the better the grip, the safer it will be to use it, preventing it from slipping.
- Size and weight: Take into account that the saws must be according to your load capacity and the size of your arm. And is that using a large saw with small hands can be very complicated.
- Price: The cost of the saws is another factor that you must take into account while purchasing the best pruning saw. While cost-effectiveness is a good way to choose a tool, buying cheap pruning saws can be a poor decision.