Do you need that special tool to help you to cut through concrete and demolition work? Do you need to make precise, fast cuts in hard-to-reach places? Then you need a long-lasting and robust cutting tool with a high output for a wide variety of materials. The reciprocating saw offers all of this in one device. It will help you with flexible work and will have a high score of assertiveness with pipes, sheet metal, building materials, beams, and many other materials.
There are two main types of reciprocating saws, the ones that are corded and the ones that are battery powered that offer you the necessary freedom for movement. It is used just as often in the sanitary and heating sector as it is by carpenters and air conditioning technicians. With a reciprocating saw, work can be carried out effortlessly with a saw blade that moves back and forth quickly.
Electric saws in general are used for all kinds of cutting work, as well as for cutting out various shapes or angle cuts. In addition to the reciprocating saw, there are a large number of different electric saws for versatile work. Here is a small selection:
- Miter saw
- Scroll saw
- All kinds of circular saws
With this product comparison list, we hope you find what the best reciprocating saw. We wrote the main features of each product. In addition, you will learn the advantages and disadvantages of each model and for what purposes it is best suited. The most important features you should look for are: the weight, the cutting thickness, number of strokes (more strokes = more power), and accessories for efficient work
Table of Contents
- List of the Top 10 Best Reciprocating Saws
- 1. Makita JR3050T Recipro Saw – 11 AMP
- 2. DEWALT DCS380B 20V MAX
- 3. DEWALT DWE305 Reciprocating Saw, Corded, 12-Amp
- 4. Milwaukee 2720-21 M18 Fuel Sawzall
- 5. BLACK+DECKER BDCR20B 20V MAX
- 6. DEWALT DCS367B 20V MAX XR
- 7. Milwaukee 6538-21 15.0 Amp Super Sawzall Reciprocating Saw
- 8. DEWALT DW310K 12 Amp Heavy-Duty Reciprocating Saw Kit
- 9. PORTER-CABLE PCC670B 20V MAX
- 10. SKILSAW SPT44A-00 13 Amp
List of the Top 10 Best Reciprocating Saws
1. Makita JR3050T Recipro Saw – 11 AMP
The JR3050T is first on our list and has a powerful 11-amp motor, is easy-to-maintain, and it will work great as an addition to the tool shed of any home. With a change of blades, it can make quick work of trimming trees and bushes and slice through ceramic or steel pipe.
- The engine with 11 amps can reach a maximum speed of 2,800 SPM
- The shock of drops can be absorbed by the robust double-wall plastic housing.
- The JR3050T can make cuts quickly without extra effort with the correct blade.
- It won’t waste production time changing blades and shoe adjustments.
- Comes with a useful case for carrying
- Tool-less changes to the blade and shoe make the setup frustration-free.
2. DEWALT DCS380B 20V MAX
If the DeWalt DCS380 wants to compete at the top of the 18V/20V Max class, it can withstand a few upgrades in the form of vibration control, a brushless motor, and orbital action. It’s still in second place on our list and can get the job done!
- You can easily adjust up, down, right, and left to the 4-position blade that this reciprocating saw uses.
- The variable velocity trigger enables you to gain full control over your cuts even at fast speeds.
- Up to 3,000 RPM can be cut with the ability to change speeds on the fly.
- The adjustable pivoting shoe makes it incredibly easy for just about everyone to use this saw, regardless of the task at hand.
- The 1 1/8-inch stroke length of this saw means that you can as quickly as possible get through each of your tasks/projects.
- In dark corners and spaces, the LED working light will make it easier for you to see what you are doing when cutting.
- A little bit better could be the torque.
3. DEWALT DWE305 Reciprocating Saw, Corded, 12-Amp
Corded systems age more gracefully than cordless models, and currently, the DeWalt DWE305 12-amp reciprocating saw is one of Amazon’s top-10 sellers. It’s one of the only models to include a blade lock system with 4 positions, and it has a unique shoe design.
- Materials such as nail-embedded wood, fiberglass, heavy gauge metal, plastic, rubber, drywall, and plaster can be cut with it.
- If you go through the specs, you’ll find that it’s a reciprocating saw of 12 amps, meaning it’s a tool ready for a job site.
- 2,900 strokes per minute with a stroke length of 1-1/8
- The four-position blade clamp enables flush cutting
- Speed control variable trigger
- Clamping blade keyless lifting-action
4. Milwaukee 2720-21 M18 Fuel Sawzall
One of the most capable saws you can ever hold in your hands is the Milwaukee 2720-21. And has the power of a larger model with a cord, yet it operates off a battery.
Not just that, and it does have several advantageous features that help it perform at a consistently high level regardless of where or when you use it, as well as some added convenience.
- Provides the fastest cuts in its class
- The REDLINK PLUS intelligence system guarantees optimized performance and overload protection.
- For quicker cuts, the brushless motor delivers constant power.
- LED light and a rafter hook for simple on-the-job storage
- A little bit pricey
Here’s an in-depth video for more details:
5. BLACK+DECKER BDCR20B 20V MAX
- It can deliver a substantial level of cutting power, which may not be found on the market in other reciprocating saws. The model provides up to 3,000 SPM.
- If you like a portable saw, the improved runtime and power offered by the lithium-ion battery will impress you.
- It is a small saw, weighing only 4 pounds, possibly one of the market’s lightest.
- When you cut thinner woods, you won’t overdo the mark substantially. Here a variable speed is useful for accurate cuts.
- Longer battery life
- You should wear gloves. It is recommended because it’s vibrating so much. It transmits the whole vibration of the mechanism to your hand that holds the rear handle.
6. DEWALT DCS367B 20V MAX XR
A compact and lightweight model, the DeWalt DCS367B Reciprocating Saw, is another tool with the lithium-ion system, which is currently being extended by DeWalt.Customers and critics alike have received many excellent reviews of this reciprocating saw.
- Release of Lever-action blade
- Significantly greater cutting efficiency than lightweight one-hand models
- Blade clamp 4-positions
- Heaviest in the class of compact models
- Regulation of vibrations requires assistance.
7. Milwaukee 6538-21 15.0 Amp Super Sawzall Reciprocating Saw
The Super Sawzall Milwaukee 15-amp is the leading model of the company that originally developed the tool.
- Outstanding cutting pace for all materials
- One of the most costly in its group
- Simple to carry for all cuts and easy to line up
- Well designed and strong
- Holds up well in regular, continuous use
- Needs a high-duty extension cord
8. DEWALT DW310K 12 Amp Heavy-Duty Reciprocating Saw Kit
With Dewalt, can’t go wrong. I purchased the tool to replace a Sawzall that I had for 15 years. Heavy-duty, very powerful. It is easy to use the fast blade release.12 Amp motor provides increased power for heavy use
- Keyless steel blade clamps for fast and straightforward change of blade and reliability
- Variable speed trigger enables the user to control the speed instantly
- The tool is cumbersome, which is a good thing, I suppose.
9. PORTER-CABLE PCC670B 20V MAX
Although it does not have much finesse and is not exceptionally precise, for every serious handyman, a reciprocating saw can be of invaluable use. It is one of the most versatile multi-purpose cutting tools out there and an excellent choice for all those who need a compact cordless machine for construction materials to make rough cuts.
- The High-Performance Drivetrain offers 1 “length of stroke and 0-3,000 SPM
- The compact nature helps the instrument to enter confined spaces.
- This app is for people who want to use a power tool to restore or remodel projects.
- No special tools are required to modify the blade or to adjust the shoe.
- The pcc670b motor cable’s housing is made of metal and comes with a contoured handle, which ensures that these tools are reasonably operated.
- It comes with a lithium battery of 20V that offers a longer run time.
10. SKILSAW SPT44A-00 13 Amp
The reciprocating Skilsaw Buzzkill tries to turn this demo tool class into its head. Models such as Skilsaw Buzzkill are typically slower to cut, but they save on vibration and wallets.
- Skilsaw has built this around an impressive 13-amp engine, although not the most powerful engine on the market, and its tool weighs 8.8 lbs.
- To allow comfort at any angle, Skilsaw went with a D-Handle on the back of the saw.
- The trigger is a variable trigger that can be managed very quickly and maintain a constant pace.
- The blade locking mechanism is a conventional system that tends to be well managed when used in critical situations.
- The tool has a 0-2800 SPM 1-1/8′′ stroke length.
The best reciprocating saw is the Makita JR3050T. It is first on our list because every major reviewer also had it on the top and it accumulated the most points. If you are looking for a high quality reciprocating saw with an adjustable pendulum stroke that is suitable for both hobbyists and professionals, this saw is the right one for you. With the right saw blade, it can handle all common materials such as wood, plastic, aluminum, or metal. With an output of over 1500 watts, the device is in the absolute top field. For you as a craftsman, this means that you can effortlessly process even the densest materials.
A reciprocating saw is suitable for both fine and rough cutting work. It is characterized by its resilience and flexibility, which enables you to saw even in hard-to-reach places (for example: sawing off drainage pipes directly on the wall).