Craftsman 1/3 hp 3.5 amp 10 inch Band Saw is an excellent band saw. You will be surprised if you buy this band saw as this tool has the very cheap fence and miter. Its weight is 71.5 pounds and dimension 35.4 X 18.2 X 12.4 inches. It can also cut 4 5/8 inches maximum. If you want to make electric guitars then you can think about this band saw as you can easily set up at your garage very conveniently.
In fact, Craftsman 1/3 hp 3.5 amp 10 in Band Saw is very easy to use, safe to use, good design; good power output also its size is 10 inches. If you want more than that, you should check out the Best 14-Inch Band Saw.
Before buying any band saw need to think about blade as it’s the very important thing. Yes, here you will get tension gauge for the different type of blade. So, considering above all you should consider this bandsaw for the first.
Let see the below some important feature for easy understanding.
Craftsman 10-inch Band Saw carton content details
Every user need to know what they will get from the new purchase otherwise they will fall into the problem after buying the tools. Craftsman 1/3 hp 3.5 amp 10 inch Band Saw is giving in his package as below:
- a) Main machine———————1pc
- b)Fence assembly——————–1pc
- d)Guide Rail—————————1pc
- e)Owner’s manual——————–1 pc
- f)Upper table trunnion assembly—1pc
- g)Bag of loose parts——————1 pc
This band saw always shipped complete in one box. So the user will get the benefit to set up after receiving these tools easily. So my recommendation to buy this band saw as soon as possible.
Craftsman 10-inch Band saw power
Power is the topmost considering issue before buying any band saw. The user needs to think about his new bandsaw power before selecting as it will help him in the future progress. What type of project will run by the user it will depend on him. If it’s a large project then he needs to buy the top most powerful band saw otherwise as usual.
This model has 1/3HP 3.5 Amp continuous duty motor which always gives better power supply to cut the material very easily.
Craftsman 10 inch Band saw blade
Blade is another important part for any band saw. That’s why caftsman considered this with strong importance. This band saw use Min-Max. Width 70 ½ inches/ 1/8 inch -1/2 inch long blade for its ends user for getting better result comparatively than others band saw.
Here the user needs to know the below things to get better result—
- a)How to change and adjust the saw blade?
- b)How to track the blade?
- c)How to adjust the blade guides?
- d)How to set the cutting height?
Let see the short discussion about the above topic—-
- Remove the rip fence, the guide rail, the wing nut and screw from the table.
- Open the upper and lower door by tunning the door lock knobs.
- Loosen the blade tension by tunning the blade the blade tension knob on the top of the upper wheel housing counterclockwise until the saw blade has slackened.
- Remove the saw blade from the upper and lower wheel.
- Fitting new blade teeth are pointing downwards and towards at the position where the blade passer through the table.
- Re-tension the saw blade and check the saw blade tracking by tuning the upper wheel by hand.
- Replace the rip fence the guide rail, the wing nut and screw to the table.
- Close the upper and lower doors by tunning the doorknobs reconnecting the power supply.
How to track the blade?
The user needs to set up the blade tracking before setting the blade guide. In this case, the saw blade need to run in the center of the band saw. When achieved the correct adjustment the user should lock the tracking knob with the wing nut.
How to adjust the blade guide?
Before starting the band saw the user need to adjust the upper and lower blade guide properly otherwise the bandsaw won’t work perfectly. The user can study the user manual for better understanding.
How to set up the cutting height?
It’s very important to set up the cutting height. Let see the process of setting cutting height easily—
- The upper blade guide should set as closely against the workpiece.
- For adjusting the height need to loosen the wing nut at the side of the upper wheel housing.
- Tuning the guidepost for adjusting knob.
- After setting need to tighten the wing nut.
By this way the user can easily set up the cutting height.
Craftsman 10 inch Band saw warranty
Craftsman gives its end-user specific legal right about the warranty. If the craftsman tool fails for the defect in materials or workmanship within one year from the date of purchase. The user can call 1-800-4-My-Home for arranging the repair.
If this tool is used for the commercial purpose this warranty will apply only for ninety days from the date of purpose. So, consider this my recommendation to buy Craftsman 1/3 hp 3.5 amp 10 inch Band Saw very soon.
- This band saw is easy to set up.
- Easy to use.
- This band saw doesn’t take up a lot of room.
- The little saw is a great buy
- Can cut straight if the set up properly
- Good design.
- Nice power output.
- Good Sean.
- Best band saw in the market.
- Nice bandsaw for it used.
when the user adjusts the guide post up and down it doesn’t travel parallel to the blade. The will face the adjustment problem in this situation.
Need to adjust blade like this circumstance in every time. The user can also adjust the height to solve this problem.
1) Q: Could this band saw cut sheet metal with the straight blade?
Ans: No, it’s too fast. Bandsaw that can cut metal has different giving to slow down the blade.
2) Q: Which power supply is requiring for a power supply?
Ans: 110-120 volt AC.
3) Q: Does this saw have more one speed?
Ans: Just on and off. But it’s great.
4) Q: Can this saw rip easily?
Ans: This is a nice little saw can rip easily.
5) Q: What is the maximum height the saw will cut?
Ans: According to the Sears website it is 4.65 inches.
So from the above discussion we can get lots of information about craftsman band saw. Finally, we can say that Craftsman 1/3 hp 3.5 amp 10 inch Band Saw one of the markets leading power tool in today’s market. So my strongly recommend that every user should buy this band saw for their new business without any hesitation.
I love to share my expertise and love for the art of woodworking with others, providing tips and tricks, reviews of saws and other tools, and inspiration for new projects.