The Makita 5104 circular saw is perfectly designed to cut two to four times more than any other saw in one pass and gives you a cleaner cut. The circular saw comes with all the features to keep you safe while getting the work done as efficiently and fast as possible. This circular saw has some other great features that are worth considering. Let’s get into the Makita 5104 review.
Makita 5104 Features
Another significant feature that the Makita 5104 saw has is the large bevel and cutting capacity. The bevel and cutting capacity runs at 3-3/4″ at 90 degrees and 2-3/4″ at 45 degrees. Having this large size makes it easy to use for the wielder to cut in many different directions without unnecessary movements and adjustments on cutting angles.
The Makita 5104 10-1/4 inch 14 amp saw is specifically used for cutting timber frame length. Its 10-inch saw can cut to a greater extent and can work the material up to 4 inches of thickness. It has a 270mm blade diameter and a 100mm depth of cut. Fast-changing blades are done using the attached blade wrench.
The shaft lock feature makes sure the blade is not moving or revolving when being removed or replaced.
Related: How to saw a copper pipe
The Makita 5104’s power is generated through a 14 amp, 120-volt motor that spins at a fast 3800 RPM with no load conditions and is housed in a flat motor design. With a maximum power output of 2,200 watts, cutting through timber and beams become an easy task. The Makita 5104 is intelligently designed with needle-bearing construction and uses gearing with a ball for efficient and smooth power transmission.
The Makita 5104 circular saw is relatively light at 18.3 pounds as compared to other saws in its category. Having this feature makes it easier to carry and transport where it is needed and still provides plenty of power and versatility to cut materials. The circular saw is also considerably balanced, and it is very comfortable to use even for a prolonged period of time. It even has an aluminum diecast base with upper and lower guards for greater operational stability.
The circular saw’s top, rear, and front handles are ergonomic and are very easy to handle. It slips into your hand comfortably while still providing complete control. A top guide that can be adjusted for aligning notches with the line of cut in mind provides better accuracy for the user. Sawdust is not a problem as the Makita 5104 has a large ejection port that discards the waste while you work.
The problem of a manually forced break inherent in circular saws is removed, thanks to the Makita 5104. It has an electric brake that increases the operator’s safety and allows easier stops, making the user work with better efficiency and enhanced productivity compared to other circular saws.
Related: DEWALT DC300K review
- It is very easy to control and handle
- The product is fairly priced and very cost-efficient
- The Makita 5104 circular saw is beginner-friendly
- It has a compact design without the riving knife
- It includes a large handle for easy transports to job sites
- The circular saw itself is made of top-quality materials that can take a beating and is very durable
- The saw is very energy-efficient and provides a better work output in productivity
- The high-performance saws cut through almost all types of beams and timber fast, cutting down on time needed as well
- The lightweight make and compact nature of the motorized saw makes it portable and the only one that you need when going to different job locations
- The Makita 5104 motorized saw is designed to be used in many various directions. Turning and wasting effort in multiple directions is kept to a low minimum
- It is fairly priced but still may be expensive for some consumers. You may need to invest a bit more, but the product is worth it.
- The product is sold separately and does not include a case.
The Makita 5104 10-1/4 inch 14 amp circular saw has considerably grown and provides an easier cutting job for the user. Corners were not cut when making this product, as can be seen by its high-quality circular saw and top-of-the-line components. You can be sure that the product will last a long time and give you great value for your money. It makes your work or job easier by optimizing how you cut and does not require you to shift or move positions while cutting. This and other great features listed above make the Makita 5104 circular saw a cut above the rest.
I love to share my expertise and love for the art of woodworking with others, providing tips and tricks, reviews of saws and other tools, and inspiration for new projects.