The Milwaukee 6232-21 is a deep cut portable band saw that features variable speed settings, precise cutting, high performance, and durability in one no-nonsense package. It is one of the more recognizable brands in the market under the high-quality standards that Milwaukee has been known for. Now they brought that workmanship in this compact unit.
Table of Contents
- Dimensions: 22.5 x 9 x 19 inch
- Item Weight: 21.9 lbs
- Cutting Capacity: 5 x 5-inch material
- Motor: 11 amp, 120 volt
- The latest technologies: Constant Power Technology (CPT), Job Site Armor technology
- Warranty: 5 years3
Milwaukee 6232-21 Review
Finding the band saw that is perfect for your purposes is not a difficult task, provided you are aware of the features you are looking for or expecting from your unit. Here are the highlights of the Milwaukee 6232-21 portable band saw.
- Powerful Motor for Smooth and Consistent Performance: This Milwaukee power tool features an ultra-powerful 11 amp 120-volt motor. The motor is contained in a slim motor housing referred to by Milwaukee as “Revolutionary Cut Visibility.” This slimmer construction does not, in any way, affect the smooth performance of the motor and even aids users in opening up their line of sight.
- Constant Power Technology for Maximum Performance: Milwaukee equipped the induction motor with its proprietary Constant Power Technology (CPT), ensuring the users can get maximum performance from the machine. It also helps maintain the cutting speed at optimal levels, even if it is being made to work on challenging cutting projects and applications.
- Job Site Armor Technology for durability: Durability is also ensured with Milwaukee’s Job Site Armor Technology, which provides continuous rugged protection for the whole unit by having crush zone barriers in place. Therefore, it enables the machine to last for a very long time, despite frequent usage.
- Large and versatile cutting capacity: The Milwaukee 6232-21 has, by industry’s standards, the largest cut capacity, measuring up to 5 inches by 5 inches material. To add to its versatility, it has an adjustable shoe that cuts down the frequency of rotating the tool to accommodate thicker stock.
- Lightweight and portable: This particular unit measures a compact 22.5 inches x 9 inches x 19 inches and weighs only 21.9 pounds.
Design and Build Quality
It is safe to say that the Milwaukee 6232-21 has been designed with longevityin mind. Aside from equipping it with various technologies meant to increase its performance while prolonging its life, the double insulated construction is nothing to take lightly, either.
For instance, you can expect this tool’s life to be maximized, thanks to its all-metal direct drive gearing system, which is used instead of the usual chain drives. This effectively reduces the frequency of having it serviced for maintenance purposes.
Similarly, you can get the most juice out of the gear and the motor since it is also designed with a gear protecting clutch. This add-on is useful in absorbing high impacts that often result when the blades accidentally get jammed or locked up. These features, combined with proper care, maintenance, and application of the various tips on maintaining a band saw, will all guarantee that this machine will live up to expectations for a long time.
Overall, Milwaukee 6232-21 band saw’s balanced body design lets users handle and operate the machine naturally and comfortably.
Milwaukee’s electric tool warranties cover this portable power tool for five years. This five-year limited warranty is applicable for defects in material and workmanship of the unit. It is fairly generous warranty protection, considering how other units provide only for two to three years.
- It is noticeable how the accuracy of the cuts made by this portable band saw is superior. This is primarily attributed to the machine’s slim design giving users more line of sight while cutting.
- Just like the DEWALT DWM120K portable band saw, this Milwaukee band saw also comes with a LED light, which illuminates the work surface, allowing users to continue working even in poor lighting conditions.
- Making the transition or switch from an extended shoe to no shoe (and vice versa) takes minimal effort, thanks to the tool-free locking adjustable shoe button.
- Its Debris Protection System automatically removes any debris accumulated, thereby extending the pulley’s life and functionality.
- The variable speed complements the CPT, keeping the machine’s performance at optimal levels by going through the varying speed levels. Making the adjustments is made easy by the variable speed trigger switch.
- Many users gripe about band saws having too much vibration while cutting. The Milwaukee 6232-21 has little to no vibration, so that will not pose too much of a problem.
- Unfortunately, this band saw does not come with a blade upon purchase, so those who expect a blade included in this kit will be disappointed. Therefore, the blade has to be purchased separately. Some users, however, think that the blades are a bit expensive.
- Despite the sturdy construction, some think that this unit could have used less plastic in its construction. It is often compared to earlier predominantly aluminum models from the same manufacturer.
- While many are happy with the LED light’s addition, some think it is not bright enough to light up the workspace in especially dim conditions.
Without a doubt, the Milwaukee 6232-21 has many of the critical features of the best portable band saw. The lack of a band saw blade in the kit notwithstanding, and it is still considered a good buy, giving users great value for their money. It is lightweight, compact, and delivers on the fronts that count the most: reliable and precise cutting.