In this Rikon 10-305 review, we’ll go over the design, features, how it operates, pros and cons. People want more and more from the products they buy. The band saw manufacturers always seem to outdo themselves. The newer models are even better than the previous ones.
Table of Contents
- Dimensions: 35 x 18 x 13 inch
- Item Weight: 73.6 lbs
- Cutting Capacity: 4 5/8 inch
- Motor: 3.5 amp, 1/3 HP
- No Load Speed: 2780 ft/m
- Table Size: 13.75 x 12.5 inch
- Warranty: 5-year
The Rikon 10-305 Review
Design and Build Quality
Users can expect a robust surface to work on with this unit since the band saw table is made of cast iron. This is an excellent deal since users will get to enjoy working on a wide surface without having to worry that it will not be solid enough to handle even the more heavy-duty cutting jobs. The table may also be tilted up to 45 degrees.
As for having ample workspace, the band saw table of the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw is considerably larger than that of other benchtop units. Measuring 13.75 inches by 12.5 inches, it provides more than enough ample space to work on.
The added rip fence is undoubtedly one of the notable features of the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw. The rip fence’s quality is indeed high, so you can expect to get a lot of usage out of it. It is also ideal for workers who prefer to do free hand work from time to time since they can easily remove the rip fence when they want to.
Rikon Power Tools is known to provide very good warranty terms for its products. The Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw is covered with a five-year warranty. To ensure that your unit is kept in good condition, proper care and maintenance are required. You can refer to several helpful tips on maintaining a band saw online.
To fully appreciate why the Rikon 10-305 is a current favorite among professional workers and hobbyists alike, let us take a look at its key features. If you want a 14″ bandsaw you should check out the Rikon 10-325 model.
- Sturdy and solid design and construction: Much of the credit for this model’s heavy-duty construction is its solid steel design and cast iron table. It goes a step further by having frames that forego plastic and make use of steel plates instead. Even the doors are made of steel material.
- Powerful motor for smooth performance: When looking at the key features of woodworking band saw reviews, much attention is being paid to how powerful a band saw’s motor is to carry out any cutting job. In that, the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw does not disappoint. The 3.5 amp induction motor boasts 1/3 horsepower and can be counted on to provide more than enough cutting power.
- Reliable cutting capacity: The 10-305 features a four 5/8-inch cutting capacity and a speed of 2780 feet per minute. Precision is guaranteed by the upper and lower ball bearing blade guide and the edge facing thrust bearings.
- Board resawing with the band saw is easy, read the resaw bandsaw reviews, we covered this aspect in that article.
The Rikon 10-305 BandSaw proves to be a versatile power tool, offering flexibility per the job at hand. Not all cutting jobs are the same, which is why this band saw is designed with a micro-adjustable guidepost. This means the guidepost can be lowered or raised just by turning a pinion and locking it in place.
It also guarantees both easy maintenance and safe operation, something that even the most experienced band saw worker appreciates. This 10-inch benchtop band saw comes with a tile cleaning brush, which comes in handy because it effectively reduces the amount of dust that tends to build upon the wheels due to frequent use. It also has a safety toggle switch for safety purposes, so it cannot be easily switched on unintentionally.
- It is highly durable. Many reviews rave about how the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw is a very well-made machine that can perform a highly satisfying job.
- It is compact, which makes it highly recommended for those who are looking for the performance of a full-size band saw but prefer a smaller or more compact unit.
- Adding to its efficiency and convenience are its cast wheels, which also perform up to standards. Without adversely affecting the overall balance and stability of the whole unit.
- This is one lightweight unit, not even exceeding 75 pounds. That makes handling it relatively easy, unlike other, heavier models.
- Its easy and stress-free setup and installation do not require the use of any specific tools. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, so even amateurs will be able to do it themselves.
- Some users find this unit to be a bit tall for their respective benches, so they are forced to improvise and make more adjustments than they want to.
- Unlike another popular favorite, the DEWALT DWM120K Portable Band Saw, the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw does not come with any light, limiting its functionality in dim light.
All in all, the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw with Fence, 10- inch is an excellent unit to have, especially for those who are on a limited budget and cannot afford the hefty price tags that usually come with full-size units. In this product, you will enjoy the features of full size, and high-performance band saw for the price of a compact benchtop model band saw, which is tested for its heavy-duty performance, handling light cutting to more demanding operations breezily. What’s not to like about it?