If you are thinking of buying table saws for your workshop but short on budget, then we will look at the best table saw under $200 list. Many people believe that buying a table saw has to be an expensive purchase, but this is not always the case. Below is the top-selling list, and also they are a great buy and durable with excellent quality and performance.
After a lot of research, the best budget table saw choice would be the SKIL 3410-02. If you want to know why you can read below and find out.
With so many table saws on the market, deciding which is best for your specific needs and budgets can be difficult. Aim for a table saw rather than a throwaway piece. These devices are an investment that will pay off for several years. For your comfort, we are here to provide you with some of the best in the industry. We’ve put together a handy buying guide to make your task a little easier. As soon as you’ve read through our list of budget-tight saws and their ratings, you’ll have a good idea of which one best fits your needs.
Table of Contents
- The Best Table Saw under $200 Reviews
- 1. SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
- 2. Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
- 3. Outdoor Sport 01-0819 Table Saw Mini Electric
- 4. Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461
- 5. WORX WX572L BladeRunner x2 Portable Table-Saw
- Budget Table Saw Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
The Best Table Saw under $200 Reviews
Table saws are pretty expensive. You can buy a decent table saw for under $200. Let’s look at the choices.
1. SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
If you are a DIY woodworker and want to do big projects, this model might be the best table saw under $200. Even though the price is low, the motor is powerful, and the miter gauge is accurate. You can still use this tool for heavy-duty projects, but it’s not recommended.
It weighs 67.5 lbs, and the size is 20 x 26 inches. It’s not big, but it’s not that small either. You can use it as a job site table saw.
It comes with a steel stand which you can quickly mount. The rip capacity is 24.5 inches so that you can rip through 7 x 4 inches sheet materials. You can do this by extending the table to the right.
Most users seem pleased with the SKIL 3410-02 mini table saw for crafts. Of course, they are a few drawbacks, but it’s nothing too significant. Just so we let you know, the miter attachments sometimes can get loose, but that’s normal with these types of products.
The 28 tooth carbide tipped blade will rip perfectly, but don’t expect anything for cross-cutting. The maximum depth of the blade is pretty standard.
The SKIL 3410-02 has a 15 amp motor at 5000 pm. If you want to cut thicker woods, you might need to replace the blade. That’s expected for these kinds of models, and it will make a huge difference.
- Affordable but has enough features.
- Mobile unit
- Easy to use
- 6-year warranty
- Great cutting capacity
- Portable, Compact, and small.
- Can be cut into a variety of timber.
- Compatible with swappable blades given.
- Knobs and levers are conveniently located.
- Easy to operate and Powerful 15-amp engine.
- High-duty steel frame provides stability and height.
- Comes with a lightweight folding table with a locking function.
- The table saw is affordable on a shoestring budget by entry-level users.
- Can’t accomplish the heavy task.
- There are no wheels and Weak leg joints points.
- Lacks for sawdust and debris dust collection port.
- Could be noisy because of the tips of the carbide blade.
- The aluminum table produces more vibrations than the cast iron table.
2. Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
This Rockwell tabletop saw is a great buy that is also portable and easy to use. It is equipped with a blade saw set, rip fence, miter gauge and all the important accessories that may be required from a great table saw. It is also quite popular with the customers who gave it a high star rating and recommended it to others. Some of the users found this saw not useful for making precision cuts. Overall, however majority of the users were completely satisfied with their purchase.
This table saw under 200 is basically a jigsaw upside-down mounted on a stable base. Because it is on a platform, it is easier to handle material.
This Rockwell product does rip cuts, miter cuts, and cross-cuts. If you want super precise cuts, you should not get this table saw. But if you’re going to install laminate floors or pallet wood, this cutting tool is excellent.
With the blades included in the package, you can cut wood, plastic, metal, and ceramic tiles. The RK7323 supports t-shank jigsaw blades.
The rubber feet will keep it in place, but not too much, as there are reviewers who said it has stability issues. Another disadvantage would be that it does not have a variable speed feature.
Despite a few negative reviews, most of the users are happy with their purchase. It is more stable than a handheld jigsaw and it comes with a sliding miter gauge and a rip fence.
It is mostly made of plastic, but it still a good model for homeowners. If you want to change the blade, it’s easy.
In conclusion, it is a great product even though it has a few limitations, but that’s normal. If you want to do the activities of a table saw, and a scrolls saw, the Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 is a great woodworking tool.
- It is a compact design
- The set and operation is simple and easy
- It is sturdy yet lightweight
- Changing blade process is quick
- It has assorted ten-piece Bosch jigsaw blades.
- Compact, lightweight, and portable.
- Contains a port for dust extraction.
- Better control and high rip fence accuracy.
- Affordable and Adapted to small workspaces.
- Wider cuts made possible with splitter and retaining guard.
- Larger steel fence enables large cuts and improves control.
- Able to rip cuts with good precision inside, scroll, and miter.
- It can be used to cut various materials such as wood, metal, tile, aluminum, and plastic.
- Capable of cutting 3 1⁄4 of an inch stroke of wood, metal, tile, aluminum, and plastic.
- Not commercially suitable.
- Not applicable to heavy-duty projects.
- Limited to woodwork and cutting of materials.
- No thick high-grade material such as oak and marble wood can be cut.
3. Outdoor Sport 01-0819 Table Saw Mini Electric
This is one of the smallest and the most compact table saws in the market. However, the size does not limit its performance due to its great and useful features. It has two blades that are quite useful and durable and can also be used for cutting tiles. Moreover the blades come with a tool free adjustment for height which makes it convenient for the users. Most of the customers who use this table saw were quite satisfied with their purchase but some of the users found this saw not useful for cutting hard wood. Overall, majority of the users found it high useful and practical and recommended it to others.
The Outdoor Sport 01-0819 mini electric table saw is not really for professionals. This tool is perfect for woodworkers, model builders, or home DIY.
This tool is very easy to use and there is nothing complex about it. If you want to make small cuts, you can do this immediately, with no training required.
The table is small, but there are no limitations to the rip capacity. If you want to cut longer pieces, you can add additional table support. The surface is 7-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches.
You don’t have to do a lot of maintenance, except maybe replacing the blades and that it did not accumulate a lot of dust. If you want to remove the dust, you can use an air compressor or a household vacuum (blower settings).
Only the miter stick is flimsy; the product is made from good solid metal. To stop vibrations, it has rubber feet. And for sturdy plastic, you can adjust the height.
Some people reported accidents, but if you cover the opening, everything will be fine. You should keep this in mind if you are a new owner.
- Portable design makes it easy to move it around
- The blades do not wobble
- It provides accurate cuts
- It rotates at a speed of 4,500 RPM
- Power source: AC
- Solid construction material.
- Perfect for molding objects.
- Small and portable size.
- Soundless and Easy to operate.
- This saw has a robust, durable engine.
- It has a superb security guard.
- Has a fundamental rip fence.
- Lightweight as it weighs just 8 pounds.
- Not that safe, maybe get the best table saw push block to help with that.
- It’s expensive.
- Not a degree contractor
- Limited use, not for hardwood.
- Not suitable for heavy-duty applications.
4. Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461
This is yet another high ranking table saw that is available at an affordable price. It is made from solid and sturdy construction of materials and if you are looking for a portable table saw, then this is the ideal investment. Most of the customers who use this table saw were happy with its usage while some of the users felt it has some alignment issues and other commented on the table being a bit too light weight which does not make the machine sturdy. Majority of the users, however were satisfied with the performance and gave it a high star rating.
This table saw might be 10 inches, but you can do amazing things with the 15-amp motor and 24-tooth carbide-tipped blade. It can handle even large materials.
You can rip hardwood material with the 25 x 17 inches steel table. You’ll need stability for that, but it comes with its own stand.
Like the other table saws, it’s easy to use. Control the tightness of bevels and corners by adjusting the miter gauge. The adjustable fence system makes it possible to cut accurately, while the riving knife system ensures safety by preventing kickback during use.
The 24-tooth blade can cut through hardwoods and make clean cuts. For light carpentry, the rip capacity of 14.75 inches is perfect.
You can use this model for cutting wood, cabinet making, flooring work, and other carpentry jobs.
Some disadvantages would be the thin materials that create the stand. For larger projects, you will have problems with stability. Unlike the first table saw on this list, it has a dust collection system.
Even though there are a few negative reviews from the users, this is still one of the best for this price range. Because it’s affordable and powerful, the Craftsman Evolv is recommended by us.
- It is able to make precision cuts easily
- 15 AMP motor that is quite powerful
- It is ideal for cutting, edging and trimming
- Ideal for professional jobs
- Simple and easy to use and operate
- Advance guarding system
- It has been designed with an exclusive blade guard that will guard against kickback from the blade and will include a push stick for extra safety features when working with the saw.
- It is a very Cost-effective saw.
- It has a Large, extended metal table.
- Powerful motor with a 10-inch carbide blade.
- It comes with the signature Safety Key system.
- The blade provides good cutting performance for small jobs.
- The saw has safety characteristics similar to those of more costly models.
- Lightweight power tool with an associated high degree of maneuverability.
- The unit comes with a stand, clips for all the accessories, and a complete user guide.
- Only ideal for cutting small materials.
- The table stand is made of thin materials.
- The safety key quality is lower than expected.
- The table saw is not compatible with the blade sets given.
- Mid gauge indicators and bevel gauges are not as precise as expected.
5. WORX WX572L BladeRunner x2 Portable Table-Saw
If you’re looking for a table saw that comes with all the necessary tools required to start cutting right away, this one can be the best choice. It comes with five blades and other required tools that you might have to buy separately in case of other table saws.
- You can get compact table saws, but this one weighs less than many saws, and that’s why it’s straightforward to port across different places.
- Since the saw is exceptionally lightweight, it makes it perfect for DIYers and home improvement projects where you have to carry it all around the house.
- It features a riving knife system and traditional guard that provides unlimited capacity for rip and crosscuts — it’s not common among all table saws.
- Not all table saws are beginner-friendly, but this one features a simple and easy-to-use design, making it perfect for beginners who have just stepped into the woodworking industry.
- Only a few table saws come with a miter guard that provides accurate and precise measurements.
- Also, you have to buy a blade grip to hold the device separately firmly, but this one comes with the necessary safety tools. Also, a rip fence for guidance and stability while cutting the material.
- Adjustable miter gauge
- Simple to swap out the blades.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- This is ideal for small projects.
- There is no threat of oil or water spilling.
- Blades are available in several different sizes.
- Excellent for ripping or cross-cutting materials.
- Small Compact size, and lightweight, only 14 pounds.
- Provides an unlimited amount of rip and cross-cut capacity.
- It is equipped with a safety switch in the event of an accident.
- The blade is fixed at a 90-degree angle.
- Heavy and thick cuts are not recommended for this product.
- Professional-level cutting quality has not yet been achieved.
- It is not possible to cut lengthwise in a straight line with this too.
- The vacuum adaptor is not built-in that must be purchased separately.
Budget Table Saw Buying Guide
When we were testing the table saws mentioned above, we kept several important factors and characteristics in mind that helped us decide which models were the best of the bunch. In this section, we’ll go over some of the most important points to consider before deciding on the best table saw under $200.
One of the most important factors that determine a table saw’s performance is its power. The power supply should be tailored to the work you intend to do. A model with a power rating of around 500 watts may be sufficient for occasional use. If the intended use is not in a professional capacity, the same rules apply. On the other hand, a model with a power rating of around 1200 W is required for use on a real construction site.
Trying to choose some of the best-rated saws on the market is simple. However, before making such a decision, you must take into account the available space in your home or workshop. It’s crucial to consider the types of shares they frequently cut. However, table extensions that can be easily attached to the tool if you need to handle larger stocks are also worth mentioning. The best model would be the one that is smaller in size and has a compact design while still being able to work on large wooden pieces.
The primary function of a table saw is to cut through hard materials. As a result of the precision cuts that a table saw can make, your job will be much easier. If the table vibrates, or is not stable, you won’t get precise cuts. You should also select a table saw with a miter suction because it holds your workpiece in place, allowing you to make precise cuts.
When choosing or selecting one of our top assessment models, you should be able to easily use your table saw and make the exact cuts that you require. Read the specifications and customer reviews carefully to ensure that you make the right choice.
A Miter gauge is a tool that helps to make sure that the angles on the table saw are accurate. This is because woodworkers need to cut pieces of wood at precise angles in order to make sure that the pieces fit together.
The Miter gauge has a long vertical bar with a stop and a notched grip at one end and an adjustable arm at the other end. The adjustable arm allows for different size pieces of wood and can be set according to where you want your cut.
Self Aligning Rip Fence
A rip fence is used to make sure that the wood is cut in a straight and even line. The self aligning rip fence will allow the user to cut boards of varying widths.
A self aligning fence will also allow for smooth and accurate cuts. This type of fence is designed with the help of magnets that guide it into place. It can be adjusted to any size or shape that is needed for that particular project, and it will always stay put due to the magnets.
There are two table functions to choose from. The first feature is a cast iron table, while the second is aluminum. The size of the saw varies depending on the model, with small models measuring 24 x 12 inches and large models measuring 31 x 27 inches. In any case, the work area is always proportional to its accessories from a technical standpoint.
If not used properly, a table saw can be extremely dangerous. Integral security features reduce or even eliminate the number of accidents. As a result, it’s critical to choose a table saw with features like anti-kickback and meat detection.
Blade Guard System
Blade guards are the most common type of safety device for table saws. They are designed to stop any wood or other material from coming into contact with the blade. The blade guard is typically made up of a paddle-like piece of plastic that is sometimes called “fence”, which extends across the top of the blade. This barrier will deflect anything that comes into contact with it, preventing it from reaching and then striking the blade itself.
The extent to which any given blade guard system will protect against injury depends on how well it fits and how much attention and care was taken to install it.
What is the cheapest table saw?
A cheap table saw is not necessarily a good table saw. The cheapest ones might be blades with the least power, or they might be poorly built and break down easily. So you should read reviews before buying one.
You may not think it’s worth spending a lot of money on a quality table saw, but you will save money in the long run. If you buy a cheaper model, then you can still get the job done without having to spend too much money upfront. Plus, if your table saw breaks or if it has any other problems like not cutting straight or ripping crooked, then you won’t be out of pocket too much.
How much should I spend on table saws?
This is a question that many people ask themselves when they’re about to buy their first table saw. It’s not an easy question to answer, because there are so many factors to take into consideration – what type of work do you plan on doing with the saw, how often will you use it, what size table, etc.
However, generally speaking, the more expensive the table saw is, the better quality it is. So if you plan on relying heavily on your table saw for big projects or heavy-duty work (or both), then it may be worth spending more money up-front. However, if all you need it for
What should you never use a table saw for?
Never use a table saw to cut:
- Wooden doors or windows
- Hard plastics or any molded plastic parts
- Composite boards or panels
What is a mini table saw used for?
A typical mini table saw has a blade that is less than 10 inches, and usually less than 5 inches in diameter. They are sometimes referred to as small table saws or benchtop table saws due to their small size, making them easy to store on a typical workbench.
What is the smallest measurement you can use on the table saw?
The small measurement of the table saw is determined by the blade’s height. The blade height is measured in thousandths of an inch.
What is a good substitute for a table saw?
The best substitute for a table saw is a circular saw with a large diameter. It can be used to cut straight lines from one side of the surface to the other. This type of saw is less expensive than a table saw and it’s more portable.
Is it worth getting a table saw?
Table saws are an excellent tool for the home woodworker because they provide a safe and precise way to make cuts. For many people, it is worth getting a table saw if you plan on doing any type of carpentry work.
A budget table saw is a saw for the people who are not serious woodworkers. They will never use it too much to justify spending more money on a better quality saw. For them, the best option is to go with low-cost saws that will get the job done.
The good news is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to find a great budget table saw if you know what features are important and how to shop around.
After a few hours of research of table saws under $200, the conclusion for the best budget table saw is going to be the SKIL 3410-02. This model has a long table made from aluminum that lets you cut long material. This model is very efficient and the best when it comes to portability. For DIY projects, 3410-02 is more than enough. They did a great job with this, making it the best table saw under 200, and with a few more dollars for the blade upgrade, it will become even better.