It can be difficult to know whether a table saw is right for you, and there’s a lot of competition from all the different brands. In order to find the best table saw under $500, you have to consider a range of factors. This can be overwhelming and time-consuming for users who just want a straight answer.
This guide provides tips and advice on how to decide which table saw is the best for your needs. It also includes an extensive list of the features you should prioritize when making a purchase, as well as detailed reviews on five of the top table saws under $500.
There are a few essential aspects you will need to think about before heading off and purchasing the very first table saw that catches your attention. Making a mistake like losing a tenth of an inch during your first cuts could be pretty bad further down the line.
Using a machine that’s easy to use is quite handy and will save time; this is particularly vital if you want to be professional. The issue with all these tools that were intended for simplicity of use is they often arrive with less precision.
Nowadays, there are a few inventions which don’t only make things faster and more straightforward but also enhance the precision with which we operate. When reviewing the table saw under 500 dollars, of course, we must incorporate some DeWalt products. If you want an even cheaper one, you should check out what is the best table saw under $200 or the best table saw under 300 dollars.
Table of Contents
- The 6 Best Table Saw under $500 on the Market
- Table Saw Under $500 Buying Guide
The 6 Best Table Saw under $500 on the Market
We have reviewed some of the most popular table saws on the market that have a price under 500 dollars.
1. DEWALT DW745 Table Saw
Since the DW745 is the leading of table saws on the internet, let us begin the list with a clear contender. It includes a 10-inch blade, which can be a more sensible option than the usual 12-inch blade because very few people utilize large pieces.
The DW745 has a 15-amp motor capable of supplying a rate of 3850 rpm, meaning you could get clean cuts fast even for wood or engineered timber. The rails allow for fast and accurate fence alterations. It can rip full sheets of material because of the telescopic design that moves the table saw to 20 inches. The cut depth can reach 3⅛ inches at 90 degrees and two and a quarter inches at 45 degrees.
This product comes with a Site-Pro Modular Guarding System that allows us to adjust the components that are guarding without the tools. You can now set it up for a large variety of different jobs.
The quality of the cuts is even better because of the surface that is coated to reduce friction. With the dust collection port, you can connect a vacuum for dust minimizing.
Dewalt products are also very durable. That means it’s a guarantee, and you get support for a year. Besides, you have 90 days to check it out, and if for some bizarre reason (that you do not need to describe) you do not enjoy it, you can return it and receive back your money. But of course, that is a rare event.
- Rip capacity of 20 inches.
- It cuts smoothly and effortlessly.
- The rip fence is precise and simple to adjust.
- A port for collecting dust when using a vacuum
- The table saw is a compact, lightweight, and portable tool.
- Motor with anti-load protection system and high output power.
- Blade angle adjustment from 0-45 degrees with a quick bevel lock
- Front and rear fence locks, rack and pinion fence rail system, and parallel fence are all included.
- Poor quality miter gauge.
- Dado blades are not accepted.
- Excessive noise from the motor.
- It is constructed primarily of plastic, including the top plate.
- The mechanism for adjusting the blade height may be prone to binding.
2. DEWALT DWE7480 Table saw
There are a few table saws that have all the features this dewalt table saw. It is equipped with a rack, and pinion telescoping fence rails that provides accuracy when cutting pieces and flexibility. Even though it is a smaller product, the rip capacity has 24.5 inches, so it won’t be a problem for large pieces of wood or other wood-based materials to be sawed.
This table saw also has the Guarding System, which helps adjust the guarding components, and you won’t need tools to do that. It is compact, so you can move it pretty quickly to what location you desire.
The sawing blade is made out of carbide, and it has 10 inches in diameter. This table saw will come with a miter gauge, push stick, hardware bag, and blade guard.
This model is on the lower end on end capacity compared with other models. But for most of the applications 24.5 inches, it is more than enough. The fence on this table saw is one of the best; it doesn’t move around randomly; it is stable and precise.
- Small, lightweight, and portable.
- Bevel adjustment from 0-45 degrees.
- Modular security system for construction sites.
- Rack-and-pinion fence with pinpoint accuracy.
- The ripping capacity is excellent at 24-1/2 inches.
- Contains a dust extraction port for removing dust.
- Easy to adjust on both even and uneven surfaces.
- A rack and pinion system is used to construct the fence.
- A smooth cutting surface helps to improve accuracy while also reducing friction.
- There is no stand included.
- Dado sets are not accepted.
- The motor makes a lot of noise.
- Blades of unsatisfactory quality.
- Miter gauge setup of inferior quality.
- It does not have the necessary stability to handle wide boards perfectly.
3. Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Table Saw
The Rockwell Bladerunner X2 is perfect for any DIY Enthusiast, and it is a must-have! It is one of the most versatile tools ever out of most table saws. Large Boards? No! This table saw is not suited for that!
BladeRunner X2 is a table jig-saw. It’s not like other table saw, it doesn’t use a circular blade. It uses a 4 inch or less T-shank jig-saw blade that can cut aluminum, PVC, mild steel, wood, and even ceramics. It comes with a five-piece set of starter table saw blades so you can cut anything you want.
The Rockwell BladeRunner X2 is also very light, compact so you can take it anywhere for your projects. It has an accurate slot for making good miter cuts, and it comes with a miter gauge. This portable table saw clamps on the piece you are cutting for more accurate cuts and less vibration.
Very easy to set up! The blade clips easily, and no tools are required for fitting, removing, or adjusting the blade. It comes with a dust extraction port, and it’s very stable on most surfaces because of the rubber feet.
- A dust extraction port is included.
- Small, light, and portable, it’s perfect for traveling.
- Excellent for ripping, inside, scrolling, and mitering.
- This is a good tool for light to medium DIY project work of any kind.
- Blade changes can be completed in three seconds without the use of a tool.
- The use of a splitter and a hold-down guard allows for wider material cuts to be made.
- It can be used to cut a variety of materials, including wood, metal, tile, aluminum, and plastic.
- Not commercially appropriate.
- Not suitable for heavy projects.
- The table saw is smaller than other band saws.
- Some have a bouncing table that needs attachment.
- Can’t cut through thick, high-quality material such as oak or marblewood.
4. BOSCH GTS1031 Jobsite Table Saw
Compact and relatively light, this is the the GTS1031, a portable job site table saw. You can carry this saw with one hand if you can handle the weight of 66 lbs. Out of all the job site table saws this one is the top when it comes to best table saws.
I expected it would be less potent because of the size and weight. However, a powerful 15 amp motor is at the heart of this small unit that you can rely on 100 percent even when tearing up hardwoods. It is designed to cut at a right angle up to 3-1 / 8 inches deep, while it cuts up to 2-1 / 4 inches deep at a 45-degree angle.
The entire unit is constructed around an all-steel base that improves durability. In the workplace, most power tools are exposed to heavy exposure. So it’s comforting to know that you can handle this little guy.
Its ripping capacity is 18 inches because it is a portable job site table saw, making it suitable for medium-sized material panels such as plywood, hardwoods, flooring, sawn wood, shelving, and many other uses. Because of its powerful engine with an idle speed of 5000 rpm, one of the reasons it can overcome all of this is.
This has seen a large number of safety mechanisms. A push stick, a rip fence, a Smart Guard system, and a miter gauge are available. Each of these processes helps to enhance the safety features of this portable table saw.
Even if you’ve never used a power tool before, the chance of an accident is minimal if the machine is used correctly. Even if you are an expert, before turning it on, I recommend that you read the manual and familiarize yourself with this job site table saw.
- Self-alignment, Accurate and tenacious cuts.
- Small and lightweight can be transported easily.
- It is simple to use with all the safety features needed.
- It comes with a large number of valuable accessories.
- High-capacity motor With Sufficient space for storage.
- High-quality materials are used in the construction of the components.
- Poor quality miter gauge.
- Does not include a dado throat plate.
- Not recommended for large-scale projects.
- There may be issues with vibration and noise.
- The small table and rip capacity restrict the size of the goods that can be cut.
5. Craftsman 28461 Table Saw
Since we’re focusing on the best table saw under $500, many of them will either be models of table tops or have a small stand to work on. One of the latter is this saw from Craftsman, which means it’s easy to set up and use no matter where you are. It also weighs a little over 50 pounds so moving it from place to place isn’t that much of a problem.
Craftsman is a company that makes a lot of high quality end devices when comparing with other brands. This means that since this model does not meet these specifications, it is ideal for small projects, but not suitable for professional work.
Even if you have to work with soft and hard wood, the full motor, which works at 15 amps, promises high quality cuts. Based on customer reviews, it has been shown to last even with frequent use.
For safety reasons, make sure it is connected to 120V. This table screw has a faster speed of 5000 rpm compared to other brands.
This also makes cutting relatively quick. According to users, they are sufficiently satisfied with the performance when cutting composite materials and sheet metal.
The thin materials used on the table stand is one of the complaints some users have about this product. This can affect the stability, especially when working with large materials.
That being said, it’s also not compatible with any particular blade. And while there is a dust collection system in place, it’s not the same as what’s used by the other brands.
- The blade has the ability to be tilted.
- It is simple to use and very cost-effective.
- An oversized metal table with extension legs.
- Powerhouse of a motor coupled with a 10-inch carbide-tipped blade.
- There is a stand, clips for all of the accessories that are provided in the package.
- Power tool that is lightweight and has a high degree of controllability associated with it.
- Safety key quality is below expected.
- The table stand is constructed of lightweight materials.
- Dado blade sets are not compatible with this affordable table saw.
- The table may not be large enough for industrial applications.
- The accuracy of the miter gauge and bevel gauge indicator is lower than expected.
6. Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw
A table saw is one of those tools that is not just a “wish I had one” but a “I absolutely need it” regardless of whether you are building furniture or a house. The table saw is the ideal unit for ripping up plywood and cutting boards, and one of the most important instruments any carpenter or contractor can have. The laser table saw of the Rockwell RK7241S might seem like a good choice, but let’s see how it stands out from the competition.
My favorite feature is the laser guidance of this saw. It works flawlessly to show you exactly where the cut is going to land, so when you cut or tear up your wood stock, you don’t have to guess. My only wish would be for the laser instead of the AAA batteries to be powered by the saw itself. It almost seems to be an afterthought of the laser and not an integral part of the saw.
The 30-inch fold-out ripping fence, which provides a greater ripping capacity than any other table saw in its category, is my next favorite feature. You can easily cut a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood in half thanks to the extra-long tear fence. The tear fence, robust and accurate, will lightly hold your wood material as you guide it through the blade. With a maximum cutting depth of 3 to 9/16 inches, this saw also has the deepest cut in its class for effortless cutting through 4 by 4 lumber.
It’s easy to use the Rockwell RK7241S, especially with a laser guide. The fold-out rip fence works great and it is easy to set up the extension table. For transport, the stand can be folded up in seconds and is ready to roll to the next place or back to the truck.
We liked a lot of things about RK7241S. The adjustable laser is the first and most obvious. As it saves an incredible amount of time and, above all, effort, this is a great advantage. Everything you have to do is point the laser in the right direction instead of bothering with alignments. Fine tuning is not even required.
The price of this model must be the next great advantage. Many people are quite surprised at the affordability of this tool, and the vast majority of them believe this is due to poor quality. The answer is: No, it’s not because the quality is poor. The brand is up to it. In simpler words, regardless of the seemingly low price, you can be sure that it is a machine of the highest quality.
- Has a dust collection bag at the bottom of the stairs.
- The construction is strong with a High-capacity motor.
- It has a fold-out fence that allows for more complex cutting.
- Expandable rip fence with foldable rips for increased capacity.
- It is effortless to transport due to the trolley stand’s integrated wheels.
- Using a laser indicator, you can get highly accurate and precise cuts every time.
- Extremely powerful engine capable of handling a wide array of woodwork materials.
- The 30-inch table can be used to cut more extensive materials with relative ease because of its size.
- Adjusting the blade is a difficult task.
- Separate batteries are required for the laser guide.
- After a while, foldable legs tend to become unsteady.
- Plastic is used in the construction of some of the components.
- Foldable legs are prone to becoming unstable after some time.
Table Saw Under $500 Buying Guide
Before defining your choice for the best table saw under $500, you need to take into account the following criteria:
Frequency of use
If you only occasionally use your table saw, just buy an entry-level item. You can use it to do quality work, comfortably and safely.
On the other hand, if you plan to use the tool for edging panels, making cross-cuts or making tabs, you need a more sophisticated model. Think of a table saw with a variety of optional accessories.
In this case, do not neglect the power. This is done by determining the sections and height of the cut you are going to achieve. You should also check the weight and any bulkiness caused by the equipment. This is an important point, especially if you have to move it to construction sites or if you do not have enough space in your workshop.
Power and Performance
This expresses its ability to cut pieces of wood. If you plan to cut a hard coppice and have large sections, then you need a sturdy tool.
Remember to determine the power of your saw. If this is insufficient, it will not allow you to complete the necessary tasks correctly. And in addition to a waste of time, the quality of your work may be disappointing. On the other hand, if it is too powerful, the precision will not be there. Not to mention the unnecessary consumption of electricity that it generates. The performance must correspond to the desired activity.
Useful options and functions
The table saw can incorporate many options. Don’t forget to check them when purchasing:
- An illuminating laser: for marking the cutting line;
- A vacuum system: essential if you do not want to find yourself in a cloud of wood dust;
- A push handle: to protect your hands against the blade;
- Optimized stops: allowing adjustment of the blade height;
- A 45 ° inclination of the blade: to make slanted cuts;
- A parallel guide: necessary in order to make a straight edging;
- Adjustable speed: for slicing other materials;
- An angular stop: if you plan to make angle cuts.
Note that you also need feet with wheels or a cart to facilitate the movement of the tool.
Dust collection is important for anyone who owns a woodworking tool or table saw. Woodworking can create dangerous dust particles that can cause health problems like asthma, allergic reactions, and breathing issues.
The build-up of dust particles in your workshop is not only dangerous to your health, but also very unsafe for any workers who are trying to work with them. We want to protect you and your loved ones from the dangers that come with woodworking.
A vacuum system will make all the difference when it comes to reducing the amount of dust in your workshop. By using a vacuum system, you will reduce the amount of dust particles in your workshop by up to 85%.
A dust port is an opening on the table saw that will allow particles to escape the machine and stay inside the vacuum cleaner instead of getting spread around the room.
Dust port can be connected to a dust collector or to an industrial vacuum cleaner with a 1-1/2 inch hose. That way, all debris created by cutting will be collected in one place – outside of your workshop, away from you and your family.
The choice of the manufacturer should not be neglected. The quality of the product and the work depends on it. To benefit from a powerful, reliable, and safe table saw, always opt for a model made by a known brand. It is a guarantee of performance, especially if you do not know anything about this type of tool. Finally, consider making your purchase from an authorized reseller. You will thus benefit from the manufacturer’s warranty, and you will have an authentic product. This makes it possible to avoid counterfeits and, therefore, unpleasant surprises during use.
Understand how table saws work
As the name suggests, a table saw is a type of power saw that has a circular blade and sits on a table. It is, therefore, fixed. It allows carpenters and cabinet makers to cut or edge panels or even pieces of wood.
When the operator wants to cut wood gently, he must first trigger the device. Thus, the circular blade begins to rotate. And unlike a radial or classic model, you don’t move the machine, but the material to be worked. The craftsman should lay the piece on the surface and gently push it towards the edge. He must resume the maneuver as many times as necessary and on all angles. Indeed, it is fixed between the table. It goes beyond the work surface and is driven by an electric motor. The latter is located under the aluminum or sheet metal work surface.
Portability is important to a table saw because it allows the saw to be carried from one job site to the next. This makes the saw more efficient because it means that the saw can be used at a variety of locations.
Portable table saws have a lot of advantages that traditional table saws don’t have. They are more compact, easy to assemble and best of all, can be carried around as needed. This is particularly useful for those who need to take the saw with them from time to time or work on multiple projects without having to move the tool from one site to another.
Best table saws are not perfect either so portable table saws also have their disadvantages. One of the most notable disadvantages is that they lack a fence which can be a problem if you’re using a circular blade and need precise cuts.
Rip Capacity is the maximum thickness of a board that can be cut in one pass through a table saw. This saw’s measurement determines the type of material it is capable of cutting. Rip capacity is only one measurement when considering a table saw for purchase, but it can be an important one, so it’s worth knowing what you’re looking for when you go shopping.
The maximum rip capacity should be at least 1-inch thicker than the widest board you want to cut on that saw.
A Riving Knife is a safety device that is fitted to the saw’s blade, and it rotates with the blade. The knife’s job is to provide a secondary barrier between the operator and the sawblade. It also reduces tear-out on cross-cutting operations.
A table saw is typically used for ripping and cross-cutting objects like boards or plywood. The saw can be equipped with a riving knife that helps prevent kickback by creating a safer environment for the user by creating a second barrier between them and the blade as well as reducing tear-out on cross-cutting operations.
The importance of riving knives in table saws cannot be overstated as they are not only important for safety but also to reduce tear out on cross cutting operation.
A table saw blade guard is a safety device that is a must-have for all table saws. It allows the user to work with the blade without any risk of injury.
The blade guard is designed to cover the blade and provide some protection from it. They are often made from metal or plastic and have a covering on top of it. This helps to prevent debris from getting in between the protecting shield and the blade. It also prevents fingers from coming too close to the blade edges, which can lead to serious injuries.
If you are looking for the best table saw under $500 that has the complete package and other extras, then the RK7241S Rockwell table saw is the best option. It has really high quality and a 2-year warranty. For home or the workshop is the best because it offers accuracy and other features that you want. Let’s not forget it comes assembled out of the box, and it’s effortless to use. For the more professional people, I’d opt-in for a DeWalt affordable table saw.
Since this device is available in many models, you have to find the one that meets your criteria and your needs. And I hope I helped you with the decision!
The DEWALT DW745 portable table saw is the best quality out of all best table saws under $500 for those who need a tool that can last a long time. It has been designed for those who use their table saws on a regular basis and want a durable workhorse.
The DEWALT DW745 is a heavy-duty best table saw that is designed to provide the power and durability needed to tackle hardwoods, plywood, and even metal without bogging down or stopping dead in its tracks. This strong yet lightweight machine features an innovative magnesium dust-collecting shroud, making cleanup after long jobs much easier.