When we talk about the top-performing band saws in the market today, one of the most recognizable names that would crop up is Dewalt. Indeed, it has proven time and again that it can keep up with the increasing demands of the band saw users, incorporating useful and innovative features with every unit that it churns out. The DEWALT DCS371B MAX Lithium-Ion Band Saw is a perfect example of the company’s innovativeness, and it’s time to take a closer look at what makes it a great choice. Read the DEWALT DCS371B review below.
Table of Contents
- Dimensions: 2 x 15.4 x 8.7 inches
- Item Weight: 8 lbs
- Cutting Capacity: 2-1/2 inch; 2 inches of SCH 40 pipe
- Cutting Speed: 570 FPM
- Blade Length: 32-7/8 inch.
- LED work light
- Warranty: 3-year
The DEWALT DCS371B Review
Design and Build Quality
For something so light, the DEWALT DCS371B is impressively well built. Without a doubt, it is one of the smaller units available in the market today, but that does not take away from its usability, durability, and overall effectiveness as a cutting tool.
One-hand operation is probably not advised when using power tools, but if you have something as light and small as the DCS371B, that is a moot point. That is why electricians and plumbers prefer this unit since it allows for cutting overhead and in tight corners and places. Since it is battery-powered, it has a cordless design, so tangled wires and stubborn cables are the least of your worries when cutting.
Comfort and flexibility are two major factors that play a significant role in this 20V band saw’s overall design. Its lightweight and compact design to the ergonomic soft-grip back handle allows users to handle it with ease and comfort. Fatigue is not going to be an immediate problem for users. They can continue using this power tool for hours on end, and they will not feel exhausted.
Of course, the build and construction will only be as excellent as the amount of care and maintenance you put into the unit. Therefore, it would still be good to look up and follow the many tips on maintaining a band saw that you could find in various sources.
This power tool will not fall short when it comes to the features that will get the job done – and get it done right.
- Excellent Cut Capacity: The cutting capacity of this is 2.5 inches, which means it can cut up to 2 inches of SCH 40 pipe. The cutting speed can reach up to 570 feet per minute.
- Superior balance and ergonomics: Balance and ergonomics will never be a concern with this unit since it is designed to achieve both without sacrificing cutting quality and performance. The handle is strategically placed in a central position while the battery and the motor are on opposite ends of the tool, allowing the band saw to maintain balance.
- Solid blade support system: Users can easily make adjustments on the DCS371B MAX Lithium-Ion blade tracking. Being able to adjust the blade tracking accordingly helps extend the blade’s life, saving users a lot of money on frequent blade replacements. In the same way, the dual bearing blade guide rollers also ensure that blade support is solid.
- Compact and lightweight: This power tool is 15 inches long and weighs a very light 8 pounds. Thus, it comes very handy for workers who are always on the move and do not want to be weighed down by heavy and bulky band saws.
DEWALT offers a generous warranty package for this band saw. It includes a 3-year limited warranty against product defects and a free service contract for the first year of ownership and usage. There is also a 90-day money-back guarantee as added protection for new purchasers (this was at the time of this review).
- Changing blades is often seen by many as an ordeal. However, this band saw is designed with ablade changing lever, which can easily loosen blade tension when making the change. It also dispenses with the need to use any tool when changing blades.
- LED lights are increasingly becoming popular add-ons to band saws, as shown in the best portable band saw list and DEWALT’s very own DWM120K portable band saw. This unit also has that same feature, and the LED light even has a 20-second delay.
- Precise cutting is made possible because of the amount of control that the user wields when holding the band saw in one (or two) hand.
- Dewalt equips its band saws with an integrated hang hook, allowing users to hang it up without causing unnecessary damage to its base or the front handle.
- This product’s battery life is very impressive, giving it a long run time before it has to be recharged.
- Some users find the price a bit steep for a bare tool item, especially one of such a small size. However, this is a minor complaint, considering how much of a hard worker it turns out to be.
- A 20V Lithium-Ion battery powers this, but the kit does not include the battery and fast charger. They must be purchased separately.
- Some may find the 8-pound weight of this unit to cause a lack of stability since there is nothing to weigh it down. This is especially true in the case of users who are used to working with heavier band saws.
Thank you for reading the DEWALT DCS371B review. The DCS371B is a solid tool that every self-respecting worker or hobbyist would want in their workshops. Its cordless design and lightweight yet compact construction are more than enough justification for the amount of respect that it is getting from professional and amateur users alike. Dewalt has been committed to incorporating the best key features of the best band saw in its products, and this unit certainly does not disappoint at all.